Friday 20 April 2012

Following a Path of Breadcrumbs

Peppermint Bay, Tasmania
Have you ever had events, opportunities or experiences opening up in front of you, that lead you in a direction you had no thought of going? Without you planning or contriving them the situations just happened one after another, like breadcrumbs on a path, leading you to some unknown destination.

It is such a path that I have been on ever since my dear friend Jennie took me on a surprise day out. For a number of years we have been giving each other experiences for Christmas and birthdays, instead of presents. It all began when we decided to write and share our "Bucket Lists" (those things we wanted to do before we kick the bucket).  We have had such joy and fun experiencing water colour painting, perfume making, make-overs both facial and fashion, Ikibana (Japanese flower arranging) and best of all chocolate making!



Jennie & I on the Jewellery Making Course
Then Jennie took me on a day's jewellery making course. The tutor Emma Hall of Emma Hall Designs www.emmahalldesigns.co.uk proved to be a great teacher, allowing our creativity to flow from our pure enjoyment.

I was hooked! My new found interest knew no bounds. Everyone got hand made jewellery for Christmas that year as I practised with different styles and mediums! All the time there was this quiet inner voice telling me to be more adventurous; to use silver wire and semi-precious stones.


Chrissie Designs Rose Quartz Pendant
After ignoring the voice for some time I realised it was fear holding me back. Fear of what I asked myself? "Letting go and being successful" came back the answer! So, as they say, feel the fear and do it anyway. I took the leap into the unknown and began to play. 

That was just the beginning of a series of events that have lead me to where I am today, and continue to lead me. Some are most bizarre and unexpected. The people I have met along this journey have been interesting, inspiring, supportive and encouraging. 

The weird thing is that each unusual 'happening' or meeting has lead to another and then another, each more exciting than the next. So I will tell you about another  of these 'happenings' in my next blog.




No comments:

Post a Comment