Friday 4 May 2012

Have you heard the saying "When the pupil is ready the teacher appears?" Since beginning my jewellery business last year, so many remarkable things have been happening to me and this is yet another one!

This recession has been effecting many of us and I have, by no means, been imune from its effects. In fact nearly five months ago, as there was very little management training and coaching work around and my jewellery business was in its infancy, I decided to look for a couple of lodgers in order to have a more secure income coming in.

Being blessed with a lovely house that has more than enough room for two lodgers and myself, it seemed logical to make my biggest asset earn me some money. How easy would that be I thought. Famous last word! The months rolled by with no suitable applicants to be found. To tell you the truth I was beginning to think that I was wasting my time. Maybe this was not a direction I was supposed to go in, at this time in my life. As a firm believer that doors open if they are supposed to do so, for our benefit and our learning, I had almost given up on the idea.

Then, out of the blue, I was contacted by a man looking to rent a room within easy reach of Western England and South Wales. Being slap in the middle of both, my location was perfect for him. But here comes the incredable bit........he is the area manager for a major high street retail jewellery business!


What are the odds of that hapenning? You would not believe how much I have been learning from him already, and he has not fully moved in yet! Already he has confirmed that my wholesale prices are in the right ballpark region, highlighted what some of the jewellery trends are at present and given me fantastic ideas about how I can use Pinterest to create mood boards that inspire design and creativity.

I can't wait to see what the next inspiring and exciting meeting or event is on my pathway to developing Chrissie Designs Jewellery!



 

2 comments:

  1. The door was clearly suppost to open.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So very true! Have a great weekend and let me know what amazing things are happeniung in your life. Would also love you to be my first "Follower" by clicking on the 'join this site' icon at the top of the page.

      Delete